George Renny (1757-1848) was involved with Cork Street in the early years. He was also heavily involved in what is now The College of Surgeons in Dublin. Willian Canning painted his portrait in 1810 and it still hangs in the College of Surgeons today.
In the 1808 list of subscribers his address is given as the Royal Hospital.
He is buried in Bully’s Acre graveyard, Kilmainham, Dublin.
Sacred to the memory of Mrs Renny, the beloved wife of Dr. Renny, who departed this life on 7th of January 1828 aged 59 years. Also here are deposited the remains of George Renny, son of Doctor Renny who died on 29th September 1814 in his 21st year. And of Mrs Anne Renny aunt of thr above Mrs Renny who died of the 24th December 1824 aged 88 years. likewise the remains of William Renny Esqre, born 28th november 1802, died 7th October 1840. And of George Renny Eszqre MD born August 18th 1757 died November 11th 1848. (Bully’s Acres, Dublin Oldest Cemetery, Paul O’Brien)